ANNOUNCE: pyparsing 1.5.7/2.0.0

Paul McGuire ptmcg at austin.rr.com
Sun Dec 16 12:28:10 EST 2012

With the release of version 2.0.0/1.5.7, pyparsing has now officially switched to Python 3.x support as its default installation environment. Python 2.x users can install the latest 1.5.7 release. (If you're using easy_install, do "easy_install pyparsing==1.5.7".)

I'm taking this opportunity to do some minor API tweaking too, renaming some operators and method names that I got wrong earlier (the old operators and methods are still there for now for compatibility, but they are deprecated to be removed in a future release):

- Added new operator '<<=', which will eventually replace '<<' for
  storing the contents of a Forward(). '<<=' does not have the same
  operator precedence problems that '<<' does.

- 'operatorPrecedence' is being renamed 'infixNotation' as a better
  description of what this helper function creates. 'operatorPrecedence'
  is deprecated, and will be dropped entirely in a future release.

Several bug-fixes are included, plus several new examples, *and* an awesome example submitted by Luca DellOlio, for parsing ANTLR grammar definitions and implementing them with pyparsing objects.

Pyparsing wiki: pyparsing.wikispaces.com
SVN checkout:
  (latest) svn checkout https://pyparsing.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pyparsing/trunk pyparsing
  (1.5.x branch) svn checkout https://pyparsing.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pyparsing/branches/pyparsing_1.5.x pyparsing