python-daemon

n8felton at gmail.com n8felton at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 10:26:56 EST 2012

Hello all. Got a question for anyone out there that is willing to help. Looking to make a Python Daemon, Google searches lead me to http://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-daemon. My question is 2 part. 1) pip install python-daemon downloads version 1.6, but the site states that 1.5.5 is the latest version. Anyone know why this is? 2) With python-daemon having been last uploaded in 2010, is anyone aware if there is a better implementation for python daemons, or is this still considered current?