What are the minimum requirements to get a job in?

michaelsafyan at gmail.com michaelsafyan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 23:06:36 EST 2012

Hi, Suresh. I don't know about the hiring practices at Cisco or Facebook, but at Google, the particular language or technology matters far less in an interview than general coding ability, algorithmic understanding, and system design fundamentals. To be sure, Python is an awesome language to learn (if I didn't think so, I would not have subscribed to this mailing list) and Django is quite useful, but my advice to you would be to gain as much practical experience writing code as possible and to really solidify your understanding of algorithms, data structures, and analysis of their runtime and memory performance.

You can find out more about jobs at Google at http://jobs.google.com/

- Michael Safyan
http://gplus.to/michaelsafyan

P.S. Responding just as myself; not an official Google response.