What are the minimum requirements to get a job in?

Greg Donald gdonald at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 22:25:24 EST 2012

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 8:49 PM,  <suresh.pinnapa at gmail.com> wrote:
> My aim is to get a job into google or cisco or facebok.

I made it to the 4th interview with Google.  When they say they want a
"developer" they really mean they want a developer/sysadmin/kernel
hacker/c/c++ guru.  I nailed all the Python questions in interviews #2
and #3, but then at interview #4 they started asking inode questions,
how to implement a compiler, how to design my own version of
memcopy(), etc.  It didn't really matter to them that I had 2M
downloads on Google Play, or that I knew Ruby, Rails, Python, Django,
PHP, iOS and Java..  I didn't know how to move 2GBs of memory from
here to there without using memcopy(), so that was that :(

> I have basic knowledge in python,c,java and good in javascript,html,css,
> database concepts.

My story above was a preface to the fact that "basic knowledge"
usually isn't enough for hot tech companies like Google.  From what I
understand Facebook is becoming more C and less PHP all the time.  And
I imagine they use a lot of C and assembly at Cisco since that's
mostly embedded device work.

> If i learn django and python. Shall I get my dream job?

Doubt it, but good luck all the same :)

> Please suggest me

Visit their job boards.

--