What package to use for certificate manipulation (signing, hashing)

Nenad Cikic nenad.cikic at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 13:47:56 EST 2012

Hello,
I have my pfx file.
I need to sign xml with this pfx using private key.
I need to extract pem,issuer name,sb,subjectname which all I did with pyopenssl.
I need to compute also md5 and  sha-1.
If I got it right pyopenssl can not sign or compute hash.
Shall i use m2crypto or python-crypto or both?
With pyopenssl it was eassy to extract pem and certificate information from pfx.
Can it be done with m2crypto? I am looking at the docs but can not find how.

Thanks
Nenad