Where to contribute Unicode General Category encoding/decoding

Bruno Dupuis python.ml.lisael at lisael.org
Thu Dec 13 08:22:57 EST 2012

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 01:51:00AM -0800, Pander Musubi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have created some handy code to encode and decode Unicode General Categories. To which Python Package should I contribute this?

Hi,

As said in a recent thread (a graph data structure IIRC), talking about
new features is far better if we see the code, so anyone can figure what
the code really does.

Can you provide a public repository uri or something?

Standard lib inclusions are not trivial, it most likely happens for well-known,
mature, PyPI packages, or battle-tested code patterns. Therefore, it's
often better to make a package on PyPI, or, if the code is too short, to submit
your handy chunks on ActiveState. If it deserves a general approbation, it
may be included in Python stdlib.

Cheers

--
Bruno