why does dead code costs time?

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Thu Dec 13 01:51:21 EST 2012

On 12Dec2012 22:27, rusi <rustompmody at gmail.com> wrote:
| On Dec 13, 11:01 am, Steven D'Aprano <steve
| +comp.lang.pyt... at pearwood.info> wrote:
| >
| > > haha. What does "Cheers" mean?
| >
| > It is an exclamation expressing good wishes. In particular, good wishes
| > before drinking. [...]
|
| One line above the "cheers" (with a double-space <wink>) we find:
|
| > Double spaced crap from you again not so haha.
|
| Do you find the sentiment expressed therein consistent with any of
| your three meanings?

Nope. But they're separate sentiments (weasel words:-)

I tend to end messages with "Cheers" myself. Though I also tend to strip
it out if I am being annoyed. As you say, it is inconsistent.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>

It looked good-natured, she thought;  Still it had very long claws and a
great many teeth, so she felt it ought to be treated with respect.