Hollow square program

Mitya Sirenef msirenef at lightbird.net
Wed Dec 12 12:18:29 EST 2012

On 12/12/2012 11:48 AM, siimnurges at gmail.com wrote:
> Hey, I need to write a program  that prints out a square, which is empty on the inside. So far, I've
made a program that outputs a square, which is full on the inside.
 > P.S. Between every asterisk there needs to be a space(" ")
 > Here's my code:
 >
 > print("Rows: ")
 > rows = int(input())
 > for i in range(rows):
 > for j in range(rows):
 > print("* ", end="")
 > print("")

Small note: print("") is the same as print()

The general idea is: make a string that represents top/bottom of the
square, make a string for the middle part, print out the first string,
then print out middle part n-2 times, then print out first string again.

Did you know you can multiply strings? e.g.:

space  = ' '
border = '*'
line   = border + space*70

  -m