ANNOUNCE: Thesaurus - a recursive dictionary subclass using attributes

Dave Cinege dave at cinege.com
Tue Dec 11 18:10:08 EST 2012

On Tuesday 11 December 2012 17:39:12 Dave Cinege wrote:

My memory is getting jogged more why did some things:

raise KeyError(key + ' [%s]' % i)

I did this to specificly give you the indice that failed recursion but provide
the entire key name as it was provided to __getitem__

So if:
	g.cfg.host.cpu
fails recursion on 'host' you will see:  g.cfg.host.cpu [2]
I know my code sent g.cfg.host.cpu. I know host failed. if It was
g.cfg.host.host, I'd know which host failed.

Makes sense to me. Works for me. Sure there are other ways to do it.