forking and avoiding zombies!

peter pjmakey2 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 09:45:57 EST 2012

On 12/11/2012 10:57 AM, andrea crotti wrote:
> where in [] I have the PID of the process.
> In this suggested way I should use some other files as standard output
> and error, but for that I already have the logging module that logs
> in the right place..
It's not realy neccesary do use the stderr and stdout parameters, in
fact the default value for those parameters are null ('/dev/null').
The functionality is like this.
All you print to stdout going to be in the stdout parameter of the
daemon function, and the same thing for stderr.

Now my suggestion for you, is you already have initialize a "logging
file", just use the logging module  to redirect informacion  what's is
doing your forked  function, and use the stderr paramater of the daemon
function to DEBUG errors in the forked function.