MySQLdb insert HTML code error

Anatoli Hristov tolidtm at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 19:04:44 EST 2012

Hi all,

I'm facing an issue inserting an html code into the DB, it comes out
with a syntax error but I face it only when I have html code. Could
help me escape the error somehow ?

Here is my code

def InsertSpecsDB(product_id, spec, lang, name):
    db = MySQLdb.connect("localhost","getit","opencart")
    cursor = db.cursor()
    sql = ("INSERT INTO product_description (product_id, language_id,
name, description) VALUES ('%s','%s','%s','%s')")
    params = (product_id, lang, name, spec)
    cursor.execute(sql, params)
    id = cursor.lastrowid
    print"Updated ID %s description %s" %(int(id), lang)
    return id

Thanks