pyodbc utf-8

Markus Christen markuschristen84 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 10:47:00 EST 2012

My webpage is using UTF-8 and utf-8 or unicode is on the DB. When i read out this files with Excel, i have no problems with the umlauts. I heared its a problem of pyodbc itself, cause it is only using ascii i think. I found this page here, but it was not really helpful for me. :( maybe i have not understood what this really means...
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4805267/problem-with-unicode-decoding

maybe you can understand it and you can translate it for a noob. :D