Dict comprehension help

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Wed Dec 5 22:03:13 EST 2012

I get a list of dicts as output from a source I need to then extract various dicts
out of. I can easily extract the dict of choice based on it containing a key with
a certain value using list comp but I was hoping to use dict comp so the output
was not contained within a list.

reduce(lambda x,y: dict(x.items() + y.items()), filter(lambda z: z['key'] == value, my_list))

where my_list is a list of dicts. The premise is all dicts in the list have a unique
value for z['key'].

Anyone have a pointer as to how I might tackle this without lambdas and only
using dict comp?

Thanks!
jlc