mini browser with python

Hans Mulder hansmu at xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 5 19:52:15 EST 2012

On 5/12/12 22:44:21, inq1ltd wrote:

> I can connect to and download a web page,
> html code, and save it to a file. If connected
> to the web, I can change the settings on KWrite
> to open the file and navigate the page,
> (just like a browser does).

> I want to view the html file without using a browser

> or KWrite as I do now.

> Customer wants a direct connect to a dedicated
> website. Their clients can be using any
> browser. This gives them a a direct connect to
> a dedicated website for a specific purpose.
> In other words I need a mini, simple browser;
> something I can build that will open, read and
> display a saved html or the connected url site.

How about:

import os.path, webbrowser

webbrowser.open("file://" + os.path.abspath(your_file))

> I would appreciate some direction.

You'd get more useful answers if you'd give some
more context.  For example:

* Which platform?
* Which version of Python?
* Which GUI (if any)?
* What capabilities do you need?  CSS? Javascript?
* Are there any unusual requirement?

Hope this helps,

-- HansM