Installing packages on Mac OS X 10.7.5

Irmen de Jong irmen.NOSPAM at xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 5 18:56:55 EST 2012

On 6-12-2012 0:12, John Dildy wrote:
> Hello Everyone!
>
> I have python v2.7.1 and I am trying to install packages on the Mac OS X v10.7.5
>
> I am trying to install:
>
> Distribute
>
> Nose
>
> virtualenv
>
> If anyone can help me that would be great
>
> John Dildy
>
> jdildy85 at gmail.com

Avoid changing stuff on the system installed python.
If you don't have virtualenv already, I would suggest to either:

- install virtualenv by means of easy_install (which should be installed already)
- do everything else in a virtual env, instead of in the system installed python directly

Or install homebrew, then brew install python, and use that. This avoids using the
system installed python entirely.

Irmen