Looking for an IPC solution

Laszlo Nagy gandalf at shopzeus.com
Fri Aug 31 15:04:54 EDT 2012

There are just so many IPC modules out there. I'm looking for a solution
for developing a new a multi-tier application. The core application will
be running on a single computer, so the IPC should be using shared
memory (or mmap) and have very short response times. But there will be a
tier that will hold application state for clients, and there will be
lots of clients. So that tier needs to go to different computers. E.g.
the same IPC should also be accessed over TCP/IP. Most messages will be
simple data structures, nothing complicated. The ability to run on PyPy
would, and also to run on both Windows and Linux would be a plus.

I have seen a stand alone cross platform IPC server before that could
serve "channels", and send/receive messages using these channels. But I
don't remember its name and now I cannot find it. Can somebody please help?

Thanks,

    Laszlo