popen4 - get exit status

Tim Johnson tim at akwebsoft.com
Tue Aug 28 19:29:50 EDT 2012

* Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> [120828 07:11]:
> On Mon, 27 Aug 2012 15:43:59 -0800, Tim Johnson <tim at akwebsoft.com>
>
> > * Benjamin Kaplan <benjamin.kaplan at case.edu> [120827 15:20]:
> > > The popen* functions are deprecated. You should use the subprocess module
> > > instead.
> >   No, I'm stuck with py 2.4 on one of the servers I'm using and
>
> 	Shouldn't be a problem:
>
> -=-=-=-
> 17.1 subprocess -- Subprocess management
>
> New in version 2.4.

  Thanks Dennis, I had misread the docs, you're right - after
  rereading them I has able to implement subprocess - glad to have
  it as I no longer have any servers to 'service' with anything
  older than 2.4. And Ben, please accept my apologies for seeming so
  dismissive.

  cheers
  tj

> The subprocess module allows you to spawn new processes, connect to
> their input/output/error pipes, and obtain their return codes. This
> module intends to replace several other, older modules and functions,
> such as:
> -=-=-=-
> --
> 	Wulfraed                 Dennis Lee Bieber         AF6VN
>         wlfraed at ix.netcom.com    HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/
>
> --

Tim
http://www.akwebsoft.com