Segfault when setting an instance property on 2.7.3

Vincent Pelletier plr.vincent at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 03:43:15 EDT 2012

Le samedi 25 août 2012 11:38:47, Vincent Pelletier a écrit :
> Any idea of ways to debug this problem further ?

Trying with pypy ("just to see"), I got even more reproductible segfaults -
even with valgrind.

Turns out, I was not keeping strong references to ctypes buffers, which get
very quickly collected with pypy and memory reused for something else, leading
to a quick crash.

Now, I don't get yet why cpython was not crashing more often, even if I forced
gc.collect() . Less memory recycling maybe ?

Regards,
--
Vincent Pelletier