Flexible string representation, unicode, typography, ...

wxjmfauth at gmail.com wxjmfauth at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 03:27:10 EDT 2012

Le samedi 25 août 2012 02:24:35 UTC+2, Antoine Pitrou a écrit :
> Ramchandra Apte <maniandram01 <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

> > The zen of python is simply a guideline
>

> What's more, the Zen guides the language's design, not its implementation.
>
> People who think CPython is a complicated implementation can take a look at PyPy
>
> :-)

Unicode design: a flat table of code points, where all code
points are "equals".
As soon as one attempts to escape from this rule, one has to
"pay" for it.
The creator of this machinery (flexible string representation)
can not even benefit from it in his native language (I think
I'm correctly informed).

Hint: Google -> "Das grosse Eszett"

jmf