Unit test discovery with XML Runner?

lucretiel at gmail.com lucretiel at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 19:51:54 EDT 2012

Hey All,

I've just started with the unittest module and I love it. I've been using test discovery- "python -m unittest discover" from the command line- so that I can distribute my tests amongst files instead of having tp manage them all. I'd like to publish the test results, though. Googling pointed me to xmlrunner, which seems perfect, but requires me to add the if name=='__main__ line to all my tests, which isn't run my test discovery. Is there a way to use xml runner with test discovery, or another way to solve the problem?

-Lucretiel