Top-posting &c.

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 13:49:03 EDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 11:53 PM, Prasad, Ramit
<ramit.prasad at jpmorgan.com> wrote:
> Ulrich Eckhardt wrote:
>> BTW: You omitted the attribution line for the text you quoted, whom do
>> you blame for that? That said, "Nonsense" is a strong enough word to
>> start a flamewar... not nice.
> Fair enough. I typically leave off attribution because I would rather
> to discuss things with quotes instead of he-said and she-said. The
> focus should be on the idea/conversation and less about attributing
> "blame" to someone (and it is invariably more often negative attribution
> than positive). If attribution is preferred, I suppose I could always
> add it back in. Ironically, this is one of the things I wish Outlook
> was better about.

PLEASE add attribution back in. It's not about he-said/she-said, it's
about honesty and clarity in reporting. It's far easier to understand
the conversation when we know who said each part, and the normal
opening line that most mail clients put in has a handy condensed set
of headers.

ChrisA