Objects in Python

rusi rustompmody at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 13:04:51 EDT 2012

On Aug 23, 9:34 am, Steven D'Aprano <steve
+comp.lang.pyt... at pearwood.info> wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 18:46:43 +0100, lipska the kat wrote:
> > We need to separate out the 'view' from the 'implementation' here. Most
> > developers I know, if looking at the code and without the possibly
> > dubious benefit of knowing that in Python 'everything is an object'
> > would not call this 'strong typing'
>
> Most developers are wrong :)
>
> A very useful resource to read is "What To Know Before Debating Type
> Systems", which was put on the internet, lost, then found and put back up
> here:
>
> http://cdsmith.wordpress.com/2011/01/09/an-old-article-i-wrote/

Thanks for that article.
There was one by Peter Wegner -- exact one I cant find.  Here's a good
approximation:
http://analysis-of-persistence-tools.googlecode.com/files/p7-wegner.pdf

Section 5.2.1 in particular has 7 different things that the word
'type' could mean to different types(!) of programmers.