Objects in Python

lipska the kat lipskathekat at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 22 15:03:16 EDT 2012

On 22/08/12 19:15, Ian Kelly wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 11:46 AM, lipska the kat
> <lipskathekat at yahoo.co.uk>  wrote:
>> If, in a language, I find I am able to say
>>
>> a = 1

[snip]

> You're conflating "strong typing" with "static typing".  Strong typing
> does not refer to restrictions on what type of data can be stored
> where, but to restrictions on how operations on that data can be
> intermixed.

Yes of course I am, thank you for pointing that out.
I don't know why I have this overwhelming need to see variables
explicitly defined ... years of 'same old same old' I suppose.

I do seem to remember reading something about Python moving towards
static typing and there are tools out there to help avoid run time
disasters ... anyway, this has latched now so thanks for taking the time
to reply.

lipska

--
Lipska the Kat©: Troll hunter, sandbox destroyer
and farscape dreamer of Aeryn Sun