color coding for numbers

DJC djc at news.invalid
Tue Aug 21 13:07:04 EDT 2012

On 21/08/12 12:55, Ulrich Eckhardt wrote:
> Am 21.08.2012 10:38, schrieb namenobodywants at gmail.com:
>> what is the best way
>
> Define "best" before asking such questions. ;)

<http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/api/colors_api.html?highlight=colors#matplotlib.colors>
matplotlib.colors

A module for converting numbers or color arguments to RGB or RGBA

RGB and RGBA are sequences of, respectively, 3 or 4 floats in the range 0-1.

This module includes functions and classes for color specification
conversions, and for mapping numbers to colors in a 1-D array of colors
called a colormap.

see
<http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/examples/pylab_examples/colours.html?highlight=colours>