Top-posting &c.

Ulrich Eckhardt ulrich.eckhardt at dominolaser.com
Tue Aug 21 04:15:37 EDT 2012

Am 21.08.2012 00:49, schrieb Prasad, Ramit:
>>> I also tend to blame M$ (Outlook and variants) for this tendency to
>>> quote everything and top-post -- Outlook makes it almost impossible
>>> to do a trim&interleave response style.
>>
>> I [think] that Outlook & Co are guilty. That and the fact that few
>> people even think about this.
>
> Nonsense, I post only from Outlook. You can do it and it is not hard.
> It is just requires a little effort.

A good tool would reduce the effort and guide users, like e.g. giving
them a hint if they leave the whole mail they're replying to as copy.
Several corporate email solutions (like MS Outlook/Exchange) put very
little emphasis on communication efficiency but only on eye-candy
features. Their popularity and the resulting influence on people has
caused decay in average communication culture, and that is what I blame
them for.

BTW: You omitted the attribution line for the text you quoted, whom do
you blame for that? That said, "Nonsense" is a strong enough word to
start a flamewar... not nice.

;^)

Uli