New internal string format in 3.3

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun Aug 19 13:48:35 EDT 2012

On 8/19/2012 10:09 AM, wxjmfauth at gmail.com wrote:

> I can not give you more numbers than those I gave.
> As a end user, I noticed and experimented my random tests
> are always slower in Py3.3 than in Py3.2 on my Windows platform.

And I gave other examples where 3.3 is *faster* on my Windows, which you
have thus far not even acknowledged, let alone try.

> It is up to you, the core developers to give an explanation
> about this behaviour.

System variation, unimportance of sub-microsecond variations, and
attention to more important issues.

Other developer say 3.3 is generally faster on their sy
stems (OSX 10.8, and unspecified). To talk about speed sensibly, one
must run the full stringbench.py benchmark and real applications on
multiple Windows, *nix, and Mac systems. Python is not optimized for
your particular current computer.

--
Terry Jan Reedy