New internal string format in 3.3, was Re: How do I display unicode value stored in a string variable using ord()

wxjmfauth at gmail.com wxjmfauth at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 05:24:04 EDT 2012

Le dimanche 19 août 2012 10:56:36 UTC+2, Steven D'Aprano a écrit :

> internal implementation, and strings which fit exactly in Latin-1 will

And this is the crucial point. latin-1 is an obsolete and non usable
coding scheme (esp. for european languages).

We fall on the point I mentionned above. Microsoft know this, ditto
for Apple, ditto for "TeX", ditto for the foundries.
Even, "ISO" has recognized its error and produced iso-8859-15.

The question? Why is it still used?

jmf