Top-posting &c. (was Re: [ANNC] pybotwar-0.8)

rusi rustompmody at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 12:36:04 EDT 2012

On Aug 17, 10:19 am, Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfr... at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 15:42:54 -0700 (PDT), Madison May
> <worldpeaceagentforcha... at gmail.com> declaimed the following in
> gmane.comp.python.general:
>

> > As a lurker, I agree completely with Chris's sentiments.
>
>         I've been holding back on quoting the "netiquette RFC"... I also
> tend to blame M$ (Outlook and variants) for this tendency to quote
> everything and top-post -- Outlook makes it almost impossible to do a
> trim&interleave response style.
>
>         Including everything as a trailing quote may be okay in an office
> environment, where it serves more as a photocopy included with an paper
> mail response.

I was in a corporate environment for a while.  And carried my
'trim&interleave' habits there.
And got gently scolded for seeming to hide things!!

Just mentioning that there are cultures other than this one.

Of course, "Do in Rome as romans do" is universally sound advice,
(with Rome suitably parameterized), so its best to follow the
netiquette of the forum you are using.