Crashes always on Windows 7

Dave Angel d at davea.name
Fri Aug 17 10:54:52 EDT 2012

On 08/17/2012 09:38 AM, zmagic11 at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Downloaded ActiveSync ActivePython on my Windows 7 machine. Worked for a little while and now it crashes every time I try to boot the IDLE or open a program, it crashes. Help please? Thanks

I'm not aware of any boot option for Windows that involves IDLE.  And
why Notepad and Internet Explorer should suddenly crash, I have no idea.

How about some more details?  What messages do you get in your console
window when you run "a program" ?  Please cut and paste the whole
message, no paraphrasing.

Also, please tell us the versions involved, and in the case of
ActiveSync, where you got it.

http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/unattended/wiki/ActiveSync
    seems to be perl related, not Python.

Presumably you mean the Microsoft product (no idea what that has to do
with Python), but according to one source:

            "Microsoft ActiveSync (Superceded By Windows Mobile Device
        Center)"

--

DaveA