Dynamically determine base classes on instantiation

Thomas Bach thbach at students.uni-mainz.de
Thu Aug 16 13:18:18 EDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 12:29:21PM -0400, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 14:52:30 +0200, Thomas Bach
> <thbach at students.uni-mainz.de> declaimed the following in
> gmane.comp.python.general:
>
> 	Of course, since the parse result (at least from my recent
> experiment) is a Python structure, it isn't difficult to walk that
> structure...

I prefer that one, as I have the parsed data already lying around in
memory. But, as I think about it, I could also pass it to json.dumps
and parse it again. But, that wouldn't make much sense, right?

> 	"But, sometimes a data field on returned data set is simply None.
> Thus, I want to extract the types from another data set and merge the
> two." ??? A "data field" /value/ of None has the /type/ "<type
> 'NoneType'>", so I don't quite understand what you intend to merge? You
> can't arbitrarily change the "type" without changing the "value".

OK, I am probably using the wrong vocabulary here again. :(

Imagine you have two data sets:

d1 = {'foo': None}
d2 = {'foo': 8}

Where I would assume that d1 has "foo" not set. That's why I want this
whole "merge"-thing in the first place: to be able to extract the type
{'foo': None} from d1 and {'foo': int} from d2 and merge the two
together which should result in {'foo': int}.

Regards,
	Thomas Bach.