email with a non-ascii charset in Python3 ?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Aug 16 00:38:22 EDT 2012

Steven D'Aprano <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> writes:

> On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 17:57:47 +0100, MRAB wrote:
>
> >> #!/usr/bin/python3
> >> #_*_ coding: latin1 _*_
> >>
> > Aw well as the other replies, the "coding" line should be:
> >
> > #-*- coding: latin1 -*-
>
> I don't believe that actually matters to Python. It may matter to
> Emacs or some other editors

I think that is sufficient for MRAB's “should”. Especially since
Python's specification is designed so that people can write a valid
Emacs or Vim editor hint and have it work for Python.

--
 \      “The best mind-altering drug is truth.” —Jane Wagner, via Lily |
  `\                                                            Tomlin |