how to call perl script from html using python

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Tue Aug 14 02:00:06 EDT 2012

On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 22:12:48 -0700, mullapervez wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wanna call perl script in HTML form n store that data in DB using
> Python.
>
> How can i do this.......??
>
> Please help me

Okay, let me give you some general advice first, then some programming
advice

If your question looks like you have put no thought into the question,
you will get answers that also have no thought put into them.

Try to write proper English sentences. We will make allowances for non-
native English speakers, and simple typos, but if u cnt b bothrd 2 rite
gd we cnt b bothrd 2 answr gd ethr.

To solve your programming problem, break it up into smaller pieces:

1) write some code to get a perl script from some HTML;

2) write some more code to take a perl script and run it, collecting the
results;

3) write some more code to take those results and put them into a
database;

4) finally write some code to put the first three pieces together.

Do you need help on any of these? If so, please tell us:

- What is your experience with Python? Complete newbie, beginner,
intermediate, advanced, expert, guru. Do you know any other programming
languages?

- What you have already tried? Show us your code.

- Show us some *simple* sample data.

The more you help us, the more we can help you.

--
Steven