How to uncompress a VOB file? (Win XP)

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Mon Aug 13 23:00:11 EDT 2012

On Tue, 14 Aug 2012 01:34:46 +0100, Mark Lawrence wrote:

> When did you seek my permission to call me by my forename?

Sheesh. It's 2012, not 1812. If you sign your posts with your full name,
you have to expect that people will call you "Mark" rather than "Mr
Lawrence" or "Lord High Mucky-Muck Grand Poohbar Lawrence" -- even if
they haven't been formally introduced.

Mark, we're all human and the occasional snark is only to be expected,
but demanding that people ask permission to call you by your first name
in an informal forum like this crosses the line to total dickishness.
Chill out before you get yourself kill-filed into irrelevance.

--
Steven