suggesting a launcher wrapper script for portable python

Thomas Jollans t at jollybox.de
Sun Aug 12 15:05:24 EDT 2012

On 08/12/2012 02:49 AM, Gelonida N wrote:

> One minor drawback of my suggested script would be, that a console
> window pops up for a few seconds when starting a .pyw file.

(I'm no expert but) This should be avoidable if you use the Windows
Script Host instead of DOS command scripts to write the launchers.
I.e. use JScript or VBScript to do exactly the same thing. I don't know
much about Windows shortcut (*.lnk) files; if they can contain relative
paths, you could just create shortcuts that launch portable python with
the script.

Thomas