Running Python web apps on shared ASO servers?

Gilles nospam at nospam.com
Sat Aug 11 20:03:33 EDT 2012

Hello

I use A Small Orange (ASO) as my web provider. Asking the question in
their forum so far didn't work, so I figured I might have a faster
answer by asking here.

Support replied this in an old thread: "Just a CGI option. We don't
have enough users to justify adding mod_python support."
http://forums.asmallorange.com/topic/4672-python-support/page__hl__python
http://forums.asmallorange.com/topic/4918-python-fcgi-verses-mod-python/

Does it mean that ASO only supports writing Python web apps as
long-running processes (CGI, FCGI, WSGI, SCGI) instead of embedded
Python à la PHP?

If that's the case, which smallest tool would you recomment to write
basic apps, eg. handling forms, etc.?

Thank you.