Unable to execute the script

Dave Angel d at davea.name
Fri Aug 10 14:38:19 EDT 2012

On 08/10/2012 01:14 PM, Smaran Harihar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have set executable permissions for my py script (cgi-script) but for
> some reason rather than executing it, the browser simply downloads the py
> script.
>
> Here is the link<http://128.196.142.94/geo/iplantgeo_cgi.py?get=env&from=latlon&lat=42,45,54&lon=-123,-65,-100>.
> Before it was working on another server. I migrated it to this new domain
> and it is having this issue. Where am I going wrong?

Lots of possibilities, though I can't think of any relating to Python.
So I didn't try to read your source file.

Is the location of this script acceptable to your web host?  Some hosts
deliberately restrict scripts to be in certain places (like /cgi-bin) in
order to thwart a certain type of cracker.

Next question, is the python installation actually at the place where
your shebang points?

--

DaveA