Pickle file and send via socket

lipska the kat lipskathekat at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 8 08:48:43 EDT 2012

On 06/08/12 14:32, S.B wrote:
> Hello friends
>
> Does anyone know if it's possible to pickle and un-pickle a file across a network socket. i.e:
> First host pickles a file object and writes the pickled file object to a client socket.
> Second host reads the pickled file object from the server socket and un-pickles it.
>
> Can anyone provide a simple code example of the client and server sides?
>
> Thanks

Hi

Firstly I am a raw beginner at Python and I don't publish this code
as a good example of anything. It works for me on Ubuntu Linux 12.04 and
Python3.2

As usual I welcome constructive comments but I will be working on this
more to help me understand exactly what is going on

http://pastebin.com/iFzK7fuk SpaceTravellers.py
http://pastebin.com/TdqPwMGi NetworkPickler.py
http://pastebin.com/DF5DtYRZ NetworkUnpickler.py

lipska

--
Lipska the Kat: Troll hunter, sandbox destroyer
and farscape dreamer of Aeryn Sun