Intermediate Python user needed help

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Mon Aug 6 12:05:50 EDT 2012

John Mordecai Dildy wrote:
 > Current Problem at the moment
 >
 > Traceback (most recent call last):
 >   File "ex26.py", line 66, in <module>
 >     beans, jars, crates = secret_formula(start-point)
 > NameError: name 'start' is not defined
 >
 > anyone know how to make start defined

In your subject line you state that you are an intermediate Python user.
  These are not the errors an intermediate user would make, nor the
questions an intermediate user would ask.  These are the errors that
somebody who doesn't know Python would make.

Please do not misrepresent yourself.

~Ethan~

P.S.  The scale I am accustomed to is Novice -> Intermediate -> Advanced
-> Master

Are there scales out there that would put these types of questions in
the "intermediate" category?