Intermediate Python user needed help

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Sun Aug 5 19:19:55 EDT 2012

On 08/05/12 17:00, John Mordecai Dildy wrote:
> since when did we start talking about lisp?

Though not a lisper, the Python tie-in was my reply:  Python (among
many other languages) doesn't allow a "-" as a character in
identifiers as you appeared to use it in your code.  Unlike HTML,
XML, CSS, and apparently lisp and COBOL (thanks, MRAB, for ripping
open that scab after years of trying to repress those COBOL memories
:-)   where identifiers may contain the dash.

-tkc