Eclipse and the Python plugin

rusi rustompmody at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 09:54:04 EDT 2012

On Aug 3, 4:34 pm, lipska the kat <lipskathe... at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> A while ago someone asked me what I thought of the Eclipse plugin for
> python, well I just downloaded and installed the latest version of
> Eclipse for Java (Juno) followed by the Python plugin.

Thanks Lipska for reporting back.
I personally find the eclipse UI frightening but I am unwilling to
conclude that its eclipse and not me.

By comparison, when I first heard of emacs, (about 20 years ago) the
local guru would come in the morning and start emacs then go out for a
smoke.  When he came back it had finished started up.
So the acronym: Eight Megabytes And Constantly Swapping made a lot of
sense then.  I guess today it would have to be Eight-hundred to make
any sense.

More to the point, it seems to me that eclipse was today what emacs
was then -- seemingly too large but in time I expect it will not seem
so large.

So one more request from me:

Can you try the refactoring support and tell us how it fares?