Eclipse and the Python plugin

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 3 08:40:34 EDT 2012

On 03/08/2012 13:23, lipska the kat wrote:
> On 03/08/12 13:10, Mark Lawrence wrote:
>> On 03/08/2012 12:34, lipska the kat wrote:
>>> A while ago someone asked me what I thought of the Eclipse plugin for
>>> python,
>
> snip
>

>> My opinion of Eclipse is unchanged by your words, it's like trying to
>> run a legless carthorse in the Grand National or the Derby.
>
> :-)) There's this image in my mind ... jeez, get a grip.
>
> I'm sorry to hear that, what would you recommend.
>
> lipska

Sorry I can't recommend anything as I use Python for small personal
projects, so I find a combination of Notepad++ and PythonWin totally
adequate for my needs.  Eclipse is also popular, so simply because I
don't like it speed wise doesn't mean that it's not for you.  Picking an
IDE often gets down to your own preferences and perhaps budget.

--
Cheers.

Mark Lawrence.