Pass data to a subprocess

andrea crotti andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 06:32:58 EDT 2012

2012/8/1 Laszlo Nagy <gandalf at shopzeus.com>:
> On thing is sure: os.fork() doesn't work under Microsoft Windows. Under
> Unix, I'm not sure if os.fork() can be mixed with
> multiprocessing.Process.start(). I could not find official documentation on
> that.  This must be tested on your actual platform. And don't forget to use
> Queue.get() in your test. :-)

Yes I know we don't care about Windows for this particular project..
I think mixing multiprocessing and fork should not harm, but probably
is unnecessary since I'm already in another process after the fork so
I can just make it run what I want.

Otherwise is there a way to do same thing only using multiprocessing?
(running a process that is detachable from the process that created it)