numpy (matrix solver) - python vs. matlab

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Sun Apr 29 20:38:15 EDT 2012

On 04/29/2012 05:17 PM, someone wrote:

> I would also kindly ask about how to avoid this problem in
> the future, I mean, this maybe means that I have to check the condition
> number at all times before doing anything at all ? How to do that?

I hope you'll check the condition number all the time.

You could be designing a building where people will live in it.

If do not check the condition number, you'll end up with a building that
will fall down when a small wind hits it and many people will die all
because you did not bother to check the condition number when you solved
the equations you used in your design.

Also, as was said, do not use INV(A) directly to solve equations.

--Nasser