Newbie, homework help, please.

BartC bc at freeuk.com
Sat Apr 21 16:44:49 EDT 2012

"someone" <wesbroom at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:9071485.2215.1335040139144.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums at yniw15...

> Thanks Bart for trying, it helped me out a little more by showing me a
> little more than I knew, but I tried and I am not sure if it does fit my
> example due to it was too many stars in between the lines, and not match
> up, but if you see any more help, that would be great, or see something I
> am doing wrong, or figure something out, let me know, have a great day,
> again, thanks

Here's the example you posted:

***********************
*                     *
* First Name and Last *
* ENGR 109-X          *
* Fall 2999           *
* Format Example      *
*                     *
***********************

And here's the output from both bits of code I posted, which has 'one inch'
of white space all around; both examples must be viewed with a fixed-pitch
font (or in 'code' mode):

          ***********************
          * First Name and Last *
          * ENGR 109-X          *
          * Fall 2999           *
          * Format Example      *

Please post the output you're getting that has too many asterisks.

--
Bartc