Different results for different versions of urllib2

Dave Angel d at davea.name
Fri Apr 20 23:33:08 EDT 2012

On 04/20/2012 11:06 PM, Diego Manenti Martins wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 11:09 PM, Dave Angel <d at davea.name> wrote:
>> You forgot to include the list in your response.  I don't normally
>> respond to private messages, but I'll make an exception.
> Sorry about that and thanks.

>> 1) Don't retype it, copy/paste it.  Far too much time is wasted finding
>> bugs which were just introduced when people compose their emails by
>> retyping stuff.   Post exactly what you ran.
> I copied it. just changed the server name. It's the code I ran and
> works on 2.6 and not on 2.7
> Even don't specifying the 'rb' when open the file, that code works on python 2.6

Then you got lucky.  Might not work with the very next jpeg you try, or
the next OS you're running on.  Oh yeah, I forgot, you never mentioned
(3) what OS you're running on.  If you want the whole file, and you want
it unchanged, better add the 'b'.

>> 2) Be specific about what behavior has you bothered.  You say it's
>> "different".  From that I could conclude that in Python 2.6 it prints
>> "April Fool" and in Python 2.7 it blows up your machine.
> The problem is that I don't know what is wrong. I don't have access to
> the server I'm sending data. I just get a server error when running
> the code with python 2.7
> I just wonder if someone get some behavior like this or know if
> something changed on urllib2 and libs that are used on it.
>
> Thank you for your time.

4) A new symptom.  You got a server error.  Does the server error have a
number?  Or some text?

You observed something with wireshark.  What was that?  it sends the
data in a different way?  What way is that?

--

DaveA