Framework for a beginner

Bryan bryanjugglercryptographer at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 20 05:21:36 EDT 2012

Gerd Niemetz wrote:
> Take a look at http://www.web2py.com, a powerful and easy to learn python framework, and the community at https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/web2py is also very helpful

Web2py rocks. It does by default better than many, probably most,
professional web programmers do for their living. A prominent
commercial publication extolled ranked it: best-open-source-
application-development-software of the last year.
http://www.infoworld.com/d/open-source-software/bossie-awards-2011-the-best-open-source-application-development-software-171759-0&current=10&last=1#slideshowTop

Hope that URL works. Users of web2py generally produce shorter,
simpler, more elegant URL's. I have my reservations about whether
web2py is the best answer for the O.P. here, and on that I stand by my
previous reporting.

At risk of making the same mistake twice in one short thread: Last I
heard -- please correct me if I'm wrong -- Web2py had no plan for to
move to Python 3.

-Bryan