python kinterbasdb - check default charset of db or table

Marglix pict100 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 08:26:37 EDT 2012

On Wednesday, April 18, 2012 9:08:59 PM UTC+8, miamia wrote:
> Hello,
> I am using python 2.7 and kinterbasdb. How could I find out default
> charset used by database? I need to check it and then according to
> used charset decode returned strings. thank you

You could use a tool like flamerobin and look at the meta data to see which charset was used for the firebird database in question.
You also want to look there:
http://kinterbasdb.sourceforge.net/dist_docs/usage.html#adv_prog_maint_database_info

Kinterbasdb will not be further developed and you might want
to use the fdb driver for further python development.
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/fdb/0.7.2