escaping

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 16 19:34:15 EDT 2012

On 16/04/2012 11:03, Kiuhnm wrote:
> I like this one. Since I read somewhere that 'format' is preferred over
> '%', I was focusing on 'format' and I didn't think of '%'.
> Anyway, it's odd that 'format' doesn't offer something similar.
>
> Kiuhnm

This was the original intention, i.e. 'format' preferred over '%' but
even the core developers have backtracked on this issue.  If I could
remember the thread it was on I'd give you a reference, but I haven't
the faintest idea as to which mailing list it was on.  I'm certain that
other subscribers will remember and point us all in the correct direction.

--
Cheers.

Mark Lawrence.