Python Gotcha's?

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 22:00:38 EDT 2012

On 4/15/2012 3:01 PM, Bryan wrote:
> I'd like to encourage my users to check out
> Python 3, but installing it on Windows will take over the '.py'
> extension and break stuff that currently works.
Have you tried telling your users to tell the installer not to do that?
IIRC, it's a simple checkbox option. I have a 64-bit 3.2 as my main, but
I also have a 64-bit 3.3, a 32-bit 3.2 and a 32-bit 2.7 installed, and
not once did any of the installers hijack the association.

On 4/15/2012 6:24 PM, Terry Reedy wrote:
> There used to be an option to not do that, but it seems to have either
> be removed or hidden.
Perhaps it only appears for "custom installations" (or whatever it's
called). I had no problem installing 3.3a1 and upgrading it to 3.3a2
while keeping 3.2.x as the default.

--
CPython 3.2.3 | Windows NT 6.1.7601.17990