f python?

Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.) spamtrap at library.lspace.org.invalid
Sat Apr 14 22:57:38 EDT 2012

In <87aa2iz3l1.fsf at kuiper.lan.informatimago.com>, on 04/11/2012
   at 05:32 PM, "Pascal J. Bourguignon" <pjb at informatimago.com> said:

>You're confused. C doesn't have arrays.  Lisp has arrays. C only has
>vectors

Neither C nor any other programming language has vectors ;-)

>That C calls its vectors "array", or its bytes "char" doesn't change
>the fact that C has no array and no character.

That various programming languages use the term "vector" for data
structures that are not vectors does not change the fact that they
don't have vectors.

If you're going to complain about C nomenclature, you'd have a much
better case complaining about "cast".

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz, SysProg and JOAT  <http://patriot.net/~shmuel>

Unsolicited bulk E-mail subject to legal action.  I reserve the
right to publicly post or ridicule any abusive E-mail.  Reply to
domain Patriot dot net user shmuel+news to contact me.  Do not
reply to spamtrap at library.lspace.org